1 shallot, minced
1 Braeburn or gala apple, cored and diced small
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup quinoa
2 cups low sodium chicken stock
1/4 cup golden raisins
1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
1. Preheat a heavy pot over medium low heat and add oil.
2. Sweat the shallots until translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the apples, curry powder, cinnamon and cayenne and cook for 2 additional minutes.
4. Add quinoa, chicken stock, and raisins. Bring to a boil then cover and reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 20 minutes.
5. Serve warm and garnish with sage.