1 large head Boston lettuce leaves, washed and dried
1 cup Arugula, washed and dried
sea salt & freshly ground pepper
1 lb. French-style green beans (if unavailable, use thin green beans) cooked and refreshed
1 ½ tbsp. shallots, minced
½ - 2/3 cups good mustard-style vinaigrette
3-4 ripe red tomatoes, cut into wedges
10 baby red potatoes, boiled, cooled and quartered (with or without skins)
8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
1/3 cup small black Niçoise olives
1 freshly opened tin of flat anchovy fillets (optional)
2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
1- 8 oz. Fresh Ahi Tuna steak 3/4" thick
n a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and Teriyaki marinade. Coat the tuna steak with the marinade, cover tightly and refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to salad assembly.
1. Tear Boston lettuce leaves into bite size pieces; gently toss together with arugula and arrange on a serving platter or individual plates; cover loosely and refrigerate.
2. Heat a scant amount of olive in a skillet; over high heat, sear the tuna, turning only once until the sides are cooked but the center is medium-rare. (Tuna can also be grilled to medium-rare) Transfer to a plate and let cool slightly.
3. While tuna is cooling, finish the salad assembly:
- Baste tomato wedges in a spoonful of vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle potatoes with a little sea salt and pepper
- On top of the lettuces, place a mound of beans in the center; position the egg halves sunny side up on each side of the plate and top each with anchovy curl; line the rim of the plate with alternate clusters of potatoes and tomatoes.
- Slice the tuna and arrange on salad.
- Dress salad with remaining vinaigrette and more ground pepper, if desired
- Scatter on the olives and parsley, and serve.