In honor of that and perfect for the summer weather, we had Chad Wozniak and Freddie Turcious from the Cheesecake Factory Chicago (www.thecheesecakefactory.com) in our ABC7 studio to show us how to make cheesecake lollipops.
Chocolate Shell Mixture
1 and one-quarter cups Semi Sweet Hershey's Chocolate Chips
4 Tblsps Unsalted Butter
Melt the chocolate with 2 tablespoons butter in the microwave. Heat on medium for 30 seconds at a time. Stir occasionally until butter and chocolate are completely melted. Once mixture is lump-free, add the remaining 2 tablespoons butter, and stir until melted to working temperature 100'F - 105'F.
Ingredients: (portion all to your own preference)
Cheesecake slices (deeply chilled):
- Hershey®'s Chocolate Bar Cheesecake
- The Cheesecake Factory "Original"
- White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle®
- Fresh Banana Cream
- Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple
- and/ or Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake
Chopped Hershey's Candy Bars
Assorted chopped nuts
Hershey's Chocolate Chips
Jimmies (rainbow and/ or chocolate)
Assorted Chopped Candy Bars
1. Begin with your favorite cheesecake. Remove any loose decorations or whip cream rosettes.
2. "Deeply chill" cheesecake by placing in freezer for 1 - 2 hours. Cut cheesecake slice in half down the center. Keep in freezer until ready to use.
3. Place a wooden stick in the center of the half slice of "deeply chilled" cheesecake (should look like a lollipop). Completely submerge the Cheesecake "Lollipop" in melted chocolate (see recipe for melted chocolate above). Be sure to cover the entire slice keeping a clean stick for a handle.
(Variation: Using a spoon, pour the chocolate over the Cheesecake "Lollypop".)
4. Once the slice has been covered in chocolate, hold it over the mixture to let most of the excess drip off.
5. Immediately decorate with sprinkles or chopped nuts by rolling them in the toppings; set on an attractive platter or tray.
6. Once the slice has been dipped and garnished, return it to the freezer to set. After setting, each slice can be wrapped in a Cellophane bag or plastic wrap for up to one week in the freezer.