ROZEVILLE, Wis. -- A couple in Wisconsin was killed while trying to create art using a popular TikTok method.
The Marathon County Sheriff's Office said they were called to a home on April 6 in Rozeville, Wisconsin because of a fire, which started in the garage before spreading to the home, WSAW reported.
They discovered the couple's bodies, and, after investigating, found that the victims had been electrocuted while fractal burning -- a social media trend.
RELATED: TikTok video shows woman attacked by Canada goose protecting nest
"This was a tragic accident," police said.
Fractal burning uses high-voltage electricity to create designs on wood soaked with chemicals.
Authorities warn that it is extremely dangerous, and should only be done by trained professionals.
Wisconsin couple electrocuted while trying popular TikTok trend, fractal wood burning art
What is fractal wood burning? Method uses high-voltage electricity to create designs on wood soaked with chemicals
More TOP STORIES News