- WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Kosher salt
- 11/2 heads Savoy cabbage, outer leaves removed, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
WHAT TO DO
1. Fill a medium pot three-quarters full with water and bring it to a boil. Salt the water, add the cabbage, and boil for about 8 minutes. Remove the cabbage from the water with a slotted spoon. The cabbage should be undercooked and a bit crunchy.
2. Place the cabbage in a bowl of ice water to cool it. Once the cabbage is cooled, drain it well.
3. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the cabbage and sauté until the cabbage is caramelized and turning just a bit brown on the edges, 8 to 12 minutes. Remove from the pan. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve at once.