Y= 4 Litres
380 g Milk, whole
40 g 35 % Heavy Cream
160g Egg yolks
5 g Anch chili powder
60 g Sugar
60 g Invert sugar (or light corn syrup)
830 g 70% Mexican Chocolate
1500 g Heavy Cream, soft whipped
- In a small sauce pan heat the milk and cream until scalding.
- Whisk together egg yolks and sugar in a small bowl.
- Temper in the hot liquid a little at a time to the egg yolk mixture. Whisk smooth.
- Chop 70% dark chocolate into small pieces and place in heat proof bowl.
- Pour hot liquid mix (with eggs) over chocolate. Let set 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together with rubber spatula. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whip heavy cream to soft peaks.
- When chocolate mouse base is only warm to the touch, fold in a small amount of the whipped cream.
- Fold in the remaining cream. Pipe into glasses or layer chocolate cake.
Spiced Cocoa Sponge Cake
Y= 2 Thin Sheets, 13 X 18
300 g Egg whites, pasteurized
100 g Sugar
140 g Egg yolks, pasteurized
350 g 64% Chocolate
120 g Butter
10 g Pascilla chili powder
- In the bowl of a kitchen aid mixer, beat the egg whites with the sugar to form a soft-peak meringue.
- Mix the yolks and the spice together in a medium size bowl.
- Chop the chocolate and place in a small bowl.
- Place the bowl of chocolate over a pot of water over low heat. Add the butter and melt together.
- Off heat, fold in the egg yolk mixture, and then fold in the meringue.
- Prepare 2 small sheet pans with parchment and pan spray.
- Divide the mix in half and smooth with an offset spatula.
- Bake at 350F for 12-15 minutes or until cake springs back slightly.
- Cool cake before assembling with mousse.