Makes 1 wrap
- 1 collard green or other large edible leaf
- 2 cup mixed greens
- 2 medium tomato, cut into slices
- 2 tablespoons Leaf Organics House Dressing
- 1 cup Sprouted Chickpea Hummus
- 1/4 cup Tahini Sauce
- 6 to 8 sunflower sprouts
- 1/4 cup alfalfa sprouts
1. Place the collard green leaf on a cutting board with the dark green side down. With a sharp knife, keeping the flat side of the blade almost parallel to the cutting board, slice away the center rib of the leaf from where it starts getting thick all the way to the end of the leaf where it is quite thick, keeping the leaf as intact as possible.
The idea here is to remove as much of the thick rib as possible without cutting the leaf in half. 2. Add a bed of mixed greens along the stem line to cover where the rib was cut out.
3. Place 3 to 4 slices of tomato along the same line, leaving about 2 inches uncovered on either end.
4. Sprinkle the greens and tomatoes with the dressing, if using. Then scoop on the hummus and pour on the Tahini Sauce.
5. Lay the sunflower sprouts over the top, then cover everything with the alfalfa sprouts, so the sprouts act as a sort of blanket. This will allow you to close the wrap without too much mess.
6. Wrap it up! With two hands, lift the edge of the leaf closest to you up and partially over the filling. Keeping your right hand holding the folded portion, use the left hand to fold in that side's uncovered end of the leaf. Roll the wrap with both hands until the left end is securely tucked in. Then switch to the other side and do the same, finally rolling the wrap over the remaining edge of the leaf, forming the shape of a log. Cut in half on the diagonal, and serve on a plate.