From products that enhance our skin and hair, to those which make our teeth brighter than ever, there has been a real advance in over-the-counter products.
"It used to be that you needed to spend a small fortune to look your best," said beauty expert Jennifer Walsh. "But now, there are affordable products out there that can even eliminate the need for certain professional services. "
Walsh has been a true pioneer in the beauty business for more than 15 years. The CEO of her own beauty company, Jennifer's role within the industry has involved everything from being a celebrity make- up artist, a freelance beauty writer, a book contributor, producer of photo-shoots and a veteran TV beauty expert. In fact, she's been called the "Queen of Beauty TV" for her re-occurring presence on air as a beauty expert -- longer than anyone else in the country.
- Here are the best beauty buys of 2010:
- Many people suffer from presbyopia, a natural and common side effect of aging, which leads to difficulty in reading small print or computer text. Magnivision reading glasses reduce the strain in eyes caused by presbyopia by magnifying images so the eyes can focus. Magnivision tracks worldwide fashion trends to create a wide assortment of stylish and chic reading glasses at amazing prices. $10 and up. www.magnivision.com
- Two brand new products from Physician's Formula: The first ever 3-in-1 mineral cream concealer that corrects, covers and highlights. Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Concealer features a trio of essential shades for the ultimate customizable combination. Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder is a 3-in-1 corrector, primer and powder that delivers color-correction in a pre-blended formula with the perfect dose and range of shades to brighten, tone down redness and add warmth to the skin in one simple step. Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Concealer is $8.95 and Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder is $13.95. www.physiciansformula.com
- Using VersaFoam technology, the MaxClarity Acne Management System includes benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid to ensure maximum results. The particles of these two acne fighting ingredients are micronized before the foam is created to ensure both potent ingredients can get through the skin's defenses. www.MaxClarity.com
- Mederma Stretch Marks Therapy is an advanced, patented cream formula that combines a unique blend of ingredients, including the proprietary botanical extract, Cepalin. Dermatologist tested, it is clinically proven to reduce discoloration, improve texture and enhance skin's softness. In a clinical trial, 80 percent of participants reported visible improvement in the overall appearance of their stretch marks after using the product for 12 weeks. $39.99. www.mederma.com
- Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 Advanced Anti-Aging Body Wash goes beyond cleansing and basic moisturizing to remove dry skin cells and improve skin elasticity for younger-looking skin after just one shower. Harnessing the power of Total Effects skin care, Olay scientists have combined its anti-aging facial skin care technology with an innovative breakthrough in body cleansing to deliver seven aging-fighting benefits for the body, so you get multiple skin benefits in one affordable body wash. $5.99. www.olay.com