Health experts say the only things to help that morning-after misery are time and fluid replacement.
Pacing your intake is always recommended, but if you overindulge, doctors say you'll probably suffer from dehydration, electrolyte and hormonal imbalance.
Some of the symptoms may also be due to low blood sugar or the toxic effects of alcohol.
Experts say it's best to get plenty of water, juice or sports drinks the following day.
They also agree the worst thing to do is drink more. More alcohol could enhance the existing toxicity and make dehydration worse.