But the experts from the Shedd Aquarium were in our ABC7 studio to show us how to make an easy and tasty fish dish.
Tuna Salad and Cucumber Canoes
Makes 4 servings
1 medium cucumber
1 red pepper
1 six ounce can American Tuna pole caught albacore, no salt added, liquid drained
2 hard-cooked eggs, diced
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup seedless grapes, halved 1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup goldfish crackers
1. Cut cucumber in half lengthwise and discard seeds. Then cut each cucumber piece crosswise to make four equal "canoes."
2. Cut red pepper into long, thin slices to make the canoe "paddles."
3. In a medium bowl, combine tuna, eggs, celery, seedless grapes, mayonnaise and salt.
4. Divide mixture into each of the cucumber "canoes" and decorate each "canoe" with at least two red pepper "paddles."
5. Add a handful of goldfish crackers to each plate for garnish.