Explosion, fire rip through Glenwood strip mall

April 7, 2011 5:01:54 AM PDT
In south suburban Glenwood, an explosion triggered a fire that swept through several businesses in a strip mall early Thursday.

The blast happened just after midnight, and flames quickly spread before emergency crews arrived. It started in Bolo and Lulu Shark's Chicken and Fish restaurant, ripping through the roof.

Six other suburban fire departments joined the Glenwood crew to fight the fire. Surrounding businesses have serious damage. No one was hurt.

Load Comments