Careless smoking may have led to fatal fire

April 22, 2011 2:38:34 PM PDT
The medical examiner has determined a woman whose body was found in her burned out apartment Thursday died of smoke inhalation.

The woman has been identified as Christina Spivey, 56.

The fire was contained to the living room of her apartment at 67th and Cornell. Crews found her body while conducting a final search of the unit. Her death was ruled an accident.

No one else was hurt.

Investigators believe careless smoking might have started the fire.

Load Comments