Suit: Student lost vision during chemistry experiment

September 19, 2011 5:46:01 AM PDT
An Oak Lawn high school student lost vision in one eye after a chemistry experiment went horribly wrong, according to a lawsuit.

A lawsuit filed Friday claims the student was injured when a plastic bottle containing dry ice and water exploded last week at Richards High School.

The suit claims the teacher passed the bottle among students so they could feel and observe the pressure building. The bottle exploded injuring the student's eye and causing other injuries.

The suit claims the students were not given safety goggles.

School superintendent John Byrne tells ABC7 he will comment about the incident Monday.

Load Comments