6 skinless/boneless chicken breasts
1 box cavatappi pasta, cooked, rinsed and cooled
4 oz olive oil
2 tbsp dried rosemary
2 tbsp dried thyme
2 oz fresh garlic chopped
Salt/pepper to taste
3 cups smoked cheddar cheese, shredded
1 bottle amber style beer
2 cups heavy cream
1 bunch scallions, sliced
1. Marinate chicken breasts in olive oil, dry herbs and garlic for 4-6 hours prior.
2. Season chicken breasts on both sides and grill on stovetop grill or outdoor grill turning occasionally until done, 160F internal temp. Let cool.
3. Dice cooked chicken in 1x1 inch cubes.
4. Heat heavy cream and beer over med heat until starts to boil and reduce by 1/3.
5. Add 2 cups of shredded smoked cheddar slowly and stirring constantly, so cheese does not stick. Sauce should start to thicken up.
6. Add chicken and pasta to sauce combining well. Transfer in casserole dish and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Garnish with sliced scallions.
Tip: Sauce, chicken, and pasta can be cooked night before and assembled next day.