Stefanie Saffran has been in the matchmaking industry for 10 years. She says summer can be the perfect time to find romance and grow a relationship. She says you don't have to spend a lot of money to impress your date. Whether its through art, fitness or community outings, there are many inexpensive ways to revitalize your dating life.
- Stefanie Saffran's website www.stefandthecity.com
- Kayaking and Paddle Boarding Kayak Chicago has a offers tours, lessons and daily rentals. Kayaking can serve so many great purposes and match the mood or setting you're up for, whether you're looking for a relaxing sunset ride, an intense morning workout, or just want to enjoy being on the water in the summer heat. You can go alone or bring a date in a double kayak.
- City Solve Urban Race In the spirit of fun and adventure, CitySolve Urban RaceMore than just a scavenger hunt, but less physical than a 5k road race, this unique hybrid combines trivia, from pop culture to world history with a team-oriented adventure.
- Bottle & Bottega Bottle & Bottega is Chicago's first BYOB wine and party studio. Combining a hands-on art instruction by local artists with a BYOB concept, Bottle & Bottefa offers a fin, unique alternative to a typical night with friends (especially singles), corporate groups and special events. It's a great way to break the ice! With each sip of wine, even the most artistically challenged can uncork their creativity and take home a self-made masterpiece.
- Imerman Angels Summer Soiree- Imerman Angels is a charity started by Jonny Imerman, who beat cancer and wanted to help others by having one-on-one support. Cancer caregivers (spouses, parents, children and other family and friends of fighters) also receive 1-on-1 connections with other caregivers and survivors. These 1-on-1 relationships inspire hope and offer the chance to ask personal questions and receive support from someone who is uniquely familiar with the experience. The service is absolutely free and helps anyone touched by any type of cancer, at any cancer stage level, at any age, living anywhere in the world.
- Chicago Undies Dash- Want to join in on a fun 5k and help donate to a great cause? Then come to the 2nd annual Chicago Undies Dash! On Thursday, July 26th at 6:30pm at DuSable Harbor Park join thousands of runner in their undies to run on the lakefront path to benefit Bright Pink!
- PAWS Beach Party- Join PAWS in their 10th Annual Beach Party and bring your pooch! On Thursday, July 19th at 6:00pm at Castaways North Ave. Beach Boat House you can join in the fun supporting PAWS and meeting other people and their dogs!
Kayak Chicago offers an Architectural tour, a nighttime Fireworks tour, a Day Lake paddle through the Chicago skyline, or check out the romantic Sunset paddle.
For those of you especially into fitness ? you can try stand up paddle boarding, which has become the latest fitness craze with celebrities. It's a fun way to work your arms and abs while getting to enjoy a Chicago summer
The kayak tours are typically 3-hour sessions costing $55-$65 depending on the tour. There is also a kayak workout paddle option offered on M,T,W evenings for only $50 for those of you who are big on fitness.
More information can be found at www.kayakchicago.com.
On July 21st you can participate in teams of 2-4 people solve 12 clues and complete exciting mental and physical challenges while discovering the city in a fresh way. Last year over 800 racers came out to compete for fun and prizes. It's a way to challenge yourself in your own "Amazing Race" through the city of Chicago.
CitySolve Urban Race is also a way to have a positive impact on the community in which it is held as each race benefits a local non-profit.
To receive tickets at $25, which is over 50% off on tickets please use the promo code:STEFANDTHECITY
More information can be found at: www.citysolveurbanrace.com
Some of their events include themes such as: "Single & Mingle", "Tapas Tuesday" and "Fiesta Friday".
To attend a public event, all you have to do is sign up online and bring your own bottle of wine along. An artist will walk you and your partner through step-by-step with your chosen artwork piece to paint! The price range for a 3-hour session is $35-$45.
For the month of July they are running a special that one guest paints FREE when they book a private party with 10 guests.
To receive $5 for their public events guests should enter the code stefandthecity5 to get $5 off.
-More information can be found atwww.skinnysocials.com to buy tickets.
Imerman angels have various events throughout the year to help raise money for their cause.
Friday July 27th from 7-11pm at the Columbia Yacht Club, this party is a 6th annual Anniversary party supporting the charity. Enjoy an open bar, appetizers and live music at this event.To get a discounted ticket go to:www.giltcity.com.
The Undie Dash is back for a second year! Prepare yourself for an awesome, 5k fun run along Chicago's Lakefront Path followed by a post race party that can't be missed. And do it all in your underwear! You know you want to join in on the most fun race you will ever run. Feeling squeemish? Not to worry. We encourage runners to dress in their underwear, costumes, or any other funky get-up you can think of all in the name of fun and fitness.
There will be more than 500 guest and their dogs dressed in beach wear! Lounge by the beach enjoying summer cocktails, a beach themed dinner buffet, silent and live auctions and live music by Spoken Four!
To register for the event go to:www.beachparty.pawschicago.org