Cucina Paradiso Restaurant co-owner, Anthony Gambino has some recipe ideas for those fresh, summer tomatoes.
- 3 tablespoons balsamic or red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds mixed firm-ripe heirloom or other tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- Salt and cracked black pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and oil.
- Rinse and core tomatoes and slice 1/3 to 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange in layers in an airtight container or on a serving dish, drizzling vinegar mixture and sprinkling mint, basil, salt, and pepper evenly over each layer.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.