CDC issues warning about button batteries

August 30, 2012 2:51:25 PM PDT
The Centers for Disease Control issued a warning about so-called button batteries.

The CDC says the powerful coin-sized batteries resulted in trips to the emergency room for more than 40,000 children who swallowed them between 1997 and 2010.

A dozen children, all under the age of four, died after swallowing button batteries.

The tiny, round batteries are used in various electronics including hearing aids, remote controls and flashlights.


Load Comments