Instead of Swedish meatballs for your next holiday party, why not try these spicy Indian Meatballs.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1 1/2 teaspoons minced ginger
1/2 cup small diced onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 teaspoon whole fennel seed
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon Garam Masala or curry powder
1 1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 20 oz. can diced pineapple in juice, drained or fresh pieces of pineapple or mango
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix well.
3. Form small meatballs.
4. Place meatballs on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Place each meatball on a toothpick with a piece of pineapple.
7. Serve with raita.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Serves: 1 1/2 cups
1 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 cup finely diced cucumber
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Combine ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
2. Serve with meatball skewers.