- Those locations include four city stores and three in the suburbs:
- Edgewater 6009 N. Broadway Avenue
- Lincoln Park 959 W. Fullerton Avenue
- Streeterville 255 E. Grand Avenue
- West Loop 1 N. Halsted Avenue
- Elmhurst 215 S. Route 83
- Evanston 2748 Green Bay Road
- Willowbrook 6300 S. Kingery Highway
Whole Foods announced the acquisition of the leases from Safeway Inc., Dominick's parent company, on Monday. Financial details were not released.
"We are incredibly excited about this opportunity to quickly and significantly expand our presence in the greater Chicago area," said Michael Bashaw, Whole Foods Market Midwest Regional President. "These locations fit well with our 19 existing stores as well as the three stores currently in development. We plan to remodel each store to reflect its community and look forward to offering fresh, natural and organic foods to a broader base of Chicago customers."