Yields Approximately 2 Dozen
1. Mix the following ingredients, making sure not to overwork.
11/4 pound Pork Belly
11/4 pound Pork Butt
1 cup Napa Cabbage, Finely Chopped
1/4 cup Garlic, Minced
1/4 cup Ginger, Minced
1/2 cup Rice (Feel Free to Use Leftover Rice)
1/2 cup Cilantro, Finely Chopped
2 tablespoon Garlic Chives
Zest of 1 Lemon
11/2 teaspoon Soy Sauce
11/2tablespoon Sesame Oil
1/4 cup Fermented Black Beans (Available in Asian Grocery Stores)
1/4 cup Frozen Lemongrass
1/3 cup Fish Sauce
1/4 cup Thai Basil, minced
1/2 cup Sweet Chili Sauce
2. Form farce into balls using a standard sized ice cream scoop. Roll gently.
3. In a heavy stockpot, heat enough chicken broth to cover a single layer of meatballs. Bring to a simmer.
4. Carefully lower meatballs in to pan and cook through, approximately 8 minutes. Turn occasionally, making sure broth does not boil.
5. Remove from broth using a slotted spoon.