Chicago boasts more than 400 designers and 375 independent fashion boutiques. You can see first-hand how they are thriving during the fourth annual Chicago Sidewalk Sale.
Sponsored by Fashion Focus Chicago, the two-day shopping event at the Daley Center is the perfect place to check out the work of nearly 40 Chicago designers. On Tuesday, July 20 and Wednesday, July 21, you'll find apparel and accessories from headbands to handbags and ties to tees, priced from $5 to $500.
Here's a sample of what's available at the Sidewalk Sale for $50 and under:
All Items $50 & Under
Headbands & Belts
- Formé Millinery handmade, one-of-a-kind headbands made from feathers and antique buttons and embellishments ($30-50)
- House of Sole shoe boutique in the South Loop offers LOOK FROM LONDON nylon headbands ($12)
- Heroine Chic by Colleen Sisson features jewelry and leather strap and Swarovski crystal belts ($48)
- Pretty Afrika is a tribal inspired fashion line that creates unique accessories like fabric handbags made from tapestry, burlap, and mud cloth. ($40-$45)
- Known for offering street wear, Shrink boutique will be carrying some cute leather clutches from Bryna Nicole Hallam ($50)
- 1154 Lill is the original custom handbag boutique and has great accessories for your bag, like wallets, make-up bags, jewelry pouches and more. ($30-$49)
- Veronica Riley Martens works with eco-friendly hand-dyed tagua nuts from the rainforests in South America to create beautiful, bright necklaces. ($30-$46)
- Kreative Soul by Pilar offers one-of-kind huge statement necklaces from mixed metals like copper or brass and feature large stones like jasper and aqua stones ($45-$50)
- Objets D'Envy is all about Swarovski crystals in bright colors incorporated into amazing accessories and the necklaces from this line are petite but make a powerful impact. ($46-$48)
- Anna Hovet is known for her youthful namesake line and she recently has partnered with Black Market Caviar to present amazing screen print t-shirts ($30)
- Evil Kitty is the line based on an animated character that is both punk and playful and the same can be said about these long-sleeved tees and t-shirt ($36-$42)
Ties & Guys
- The Tie Bar is the go-to-men's-retailer to find quality silk-ties, tie bars, and cufflinks at reasonable prices. ($15-$20)
- Jules is known for beautiful metal jewelry for women but also offers guys I.D. tag necklaces that can be personalized. (start at $40)
Here are all 36 designers and stores that will be featured during the Chicago Sidewalk Sale: 1154 Lill Studio, Anna Hovet, Audey, Dana Reed Designs, Dollybird Designs, Eclectica by Vika, Eia et Cie, Ends Wealth Corp., Erin Gallagher Jewelry, Evil Kitty, Forme Millinery, Foxglove Accessories, Heidi Hess, Heroine Chic, House of Sole, Jermikko, Jess LC, jules., Juliet Jewelry, Kate Boggiano, Kreative Soul Boutique, Kristin Hassan, Lee Allison Co., LUCIUS Jewelry, Michelle Tan, Objets d'Envy, Pretty Afrika Designs, Rach B., Rebecca Zemans Jewelry, Sam & Coop, Shrink Boutique, Susanne Siegel, The Nature of Things, The Tie Bar, Veronica Riley Martens, and Zamrie.
Fashion Focus Chicago supports and promotes fashion designers and retailers living and working in Chicago through events, seminars, and city programs. To learn more about the fashion industry and the Sidewalk Sale, visit http://www.chicagofashionresource.com.
4th annual Chicago Sidewalk Sale
9 am to 3 pm
Tuesday, July 20 and Wednesday, July 21
50 W. Washington, Chicago