• With this particular trend, more is more.
• That means not only mixing metallics into your wardrobe (gold is especially having a moment), but also experimenting with lush textures, such as rich velvet. Nothing is too over-the-top here!
• This dress by Alberta Ferretti is a perfect example of how to introduce some opulence into your wardrobe without going over the top – it makes a statement while also being soft and feminine. Perfect for a wedding or other special occasion!
• This look will be on sale on Gilt.com on Friday, October 18th
o Alberta Ferretti SILK GEMSTONE ENCRUSTED TULLE AND FRINGE DETAIL GOWN
? Original Retail: $6,800.00
? Gilt: $2,000.00
o Elizabeth Cole earrings
o Miriam Salat ring
o Judith Leiber clutch
• Model: Dominique Millette
• Who says it's a man's world? Women are breaking into the boys' club and stealing their crisp and suited aesthetic.
• The key here is fit. It's all about finding blazers and trousers that are either expertly cut close to the body or purposely constructed with insouciance. This main sound pricy, but as long as you dedicate some time to searching, there are great affordable and well-fitting options out there.
• I love the slim, sexy cut of the Alexander Wang pants we have here – they're surprisingly flattering. We've kept things feminine with a gorgeous silk blouse by Helmut Lang, oversize clutch, and some great jewelry.
o Helmut Lang JERSEY METALLIC TANK
? Original Retail: $160.00
? Gilt: $80.00
o Helmut Lang WOVEN JERSEY PANEL BLAZER
? Original Retail: $575.00
? Gilt: $240.00
o Alexander Wang STRETCH CREPE SKINNY PANT
? Original Retail: $420
? Gilt: $130
o Burberry chain necklace
o Burberry cuff bracelet
o Rebecca Minkoff leather bag
o Flutter rings
o Sergio Rossi heels
• Model: Jamie Jaeschke
• This season saw the return of the woman — dresses with corseted tops and full skirts made their way down the runways, accentuating curves in a way that leaves a lot to the imagination — call it the Mad Men effect.
• Not since the late '50s and early '60s has indulging your inner lady been so on trend!
• This fabulous combination of the Fendi bodice top and Alexander McQueen skirt is ladylike but a bit sexy at the same time with the sheer top – it's also extremely flattering on most any body type – that's something I love about this trend, the cut of these lady like dresses are made to accentuate and flatter curves!
• The red bag and heels add a pop of color and add a touch of edge to the otherwise sweet look.
• This look will be on sale on Gilt.com this upcoming Friday, October 8th!
Prices / Designer info:
o Fendi SATEEN ILLUSION BODICE TOP
? Original Retail: $2,700
? Gilt: $675
o Alexander McQueen WOOL HOUNDSTOOTH FULL SKIRT
? Original Retail: $2,050.00
? Gilt: $700
o Alexander McQueen purse
o Miriam Salat earrings & ring
o Swarovski bracelet
o Tom Binns necklace
• Model: Jenna Lipps
• We've been seeing the Ethno-chic thing for a while now, and every season there's a fresh spin on it to keep it going.
• This time around, it's all about mixing prints that you would never in million years think go together, but somehow look absolutely cohesive.
• For the less daring Chicago fashion landscape, the trick is to use a unifying color scheme like we did here with the yellow in the skirt and scarf.
• We've polished things off with bags and shoes in exotic skins
o Karen Zambos Faux Fur Vest
? Original Retail: $260
? Gilt Price: $120
o Casbah Dress in blue
? Original Retail: $620
? Gilt Price: $220
o Chan Luu Scarf (different than the one featured)
? Original Retail: $80
? Gilt Price: $20
• Model: Michelle H.
As a reminder, if you love these looks, we've set up a special link for ABC viewers to join Gilt - log onto www.gilt.com/abc7chicago to shop, learn more and save up to 70% off!