- 1/2 boneless, skinless turkey breast, about 1 1/2 pounds
- 1 1/2 cups Cornbread and Dried Fruit Dressing
- Kitchen twine
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- Special tools/equipment Plastic wrap
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place large piece of plastic wrap on countertop. Place turkey breast half on plastic and cover. Cover with additional plastic wrap. Using meat mallet, pound turkey to rectangle about 9-10 X 6 inches, about 1/4-inch thick.
3. Remove plastic wrap from top of turkey and spread dressing evenly lengthwise over surface, almost to edge. Roll turkey lengthwise. With kitchen twine, tie roulade lengthwise once and in several places across turkey. Discard plastic wrap.
4. In small bowl, mix together spices. Rub canola oil over all surfaces of roulade; rub spice blend evenly over roulade.
5. Place roulade in shallow roasting pan, then place in oven. Roast for 45-60 minutes or until internal temperature measured with an instant-read thermometer reads 155 degrees F.
6. Remove roulade from oven and let rest 15 minutes before carefully removing twine and slicing into 16 half-inch slices.
- Nutrition per (4 ounce) serving
- Calories 140
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat < 1 g
- Cholesterol 65 mg
- Sodium 150 mg
- Carbohydrate 5 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Sugars 1 g
- Protein 22 g
RECIPES courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.