Report reveals cause of Park Forest house explosion

March 23, 2011 3:53:51 PM PDT
The state fire marshals' office says an explosion that leveled a suburban townhouse last month was caused when a construction crew accidentally struck two gas lines with heavy equipment.

The blast occurred on February 22 in south suburban Park Forest.

No one was hurt. But one woman had to be rescued from her home moments before it burst into flames.

The report says the lines were accidentally hit by an excavator bucket. The construction crew had been hired by the village to install a water line.