- 3 English cucumbers, peeled and seeded
- 1 large shallot, finely sliced (1/2 red onion is a fine substitute)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
juice of 1 lime or 3 tablespoons bottled lime juice
1. Halve cucumbers lengthwise and use a spoon to remove the seeds. Cut cucumber halves horizontally into slices ½-inch thick. Mix cucumbers, shallots or red onion, avocado, and fresh dill in a large bowl. Cover and set aside. If you are not going to serve immediately, sprinkle with lime juice and stir, to prevent the avocados from darkening.
2. In a small bowl, combine dressing ingredients.
3. Pour dressing on salad just before serving.
Yield: 3 cups