Recipe for Holiday Truffles
Prep time: 20 minutes (plus several hours for cooling)
Cook time: 0 minutes
- 8 oz. chocolate, semisweet (best quality available)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 5 Tablespoons cognac
- 24 sucker sticks
- Cocoa powder and assorted sprinkles.
1. Cut chocolate into small pieces, or grate. Place in a bowl.
2. Bring cream to a boil. Pour over chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate is well melted and the mixture is homogeneous. Add 2 Tablespoons cognac and stir briefly.
3. Place ganache (chocolate mixture) in refrigerator until cold and noticeably more solid.
4. Roll a small amount of cold ganache in your hands (you have to work fast) and then stick it to the end of a sucker stick. Roll the ganache then in cocoa powder or assorted sprinkles.
You can find more recipes like this on the Live Well Network