For the Lamb Meatballs
- 1/2 c Shallot, brunoises
- 1T Garlic, minced
- 2 t Thyme, chopped
- Olive Oil, to sweat veg
- 3 ea Mulatto Chilies, seeds and stems removed
- 2 1/2 lb Lamb, ground
- 1/2 lb Pork, ground
- 2 T Parsley, chopped
- 1/4 oz salt
- 2 oz Bread Crumbs
- 2 ea Whole Eggs
1. Sweat the chopped garlic and shallot and thyme in the olive oil, over low heat until soft and fragrant, cool.
2. Toast the mulatto chile in the oven for 3-4 minutes, let cool, then grind in a coffee or spice grinder, pulse until coarsely ground.
3. In the bowl of your kitchen aid mixer with the paddle attachment combine all ingredients, mix on med-high speed until mixture becomes tacky.
4. Sear off a small piece of the mixture and taste it for seasoning then form the mixture in to 1 1/2 to 1 1/2 oz balls.
5. Sear meat balls a then, then braise in the liquid below
For the braising Liquid
- 1/2 lemon
- Sprig of Thyme
- Sprig Mint
- Sprig Basil
- 2 qts chicken stock to cover
- 4 or 5 chili de arbol
- salt stock to taste
1. Place seared meat balls place in a roasting pan
2. Then add warm chicken stock and remaining ingredients.
3. Cook at 300 for 15 to 20 min or until meat ball are just cook all the way through.
- For the Pistachio Chimichurri
- 1/2 c Pistachios, toasted and chopped
- 1/2 c Italian Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil to cover
- 1 T Red Fresno, fine dice (no seeds)
- 2 T Red Wine Vinegar
- Fresh-Ground Black Pepper
1. Combine all ingredients, taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
For the Mint Yogurt Sauce
- 1 c plain yogurt
- 2 T mint, chopped
1. Combine Yogurt and chopped mint, season with a little salt.