What to keep after filing your taxes

April 16, 2013 (CHICAGO)

The Internal Revenue Service recommends keeping a copy of your 2012 return, along with all documents that were used to prepare it.

That includes bills, canceled checks, credit card receipts, and any documents that support deductions claimed on your return.

It's a good idea to keep all federal tax returns for at least 3 years, and records for real estate or investments even longer.

Copyright © 2024 WLS-TV. All Rights Reserved.