What most people don't know is that there are simple ways to avoid using hazardous products without spending a fortune. Below are just a few pointers on how to alter your behaviors and stay in tune to your family's health while also respecting the Earth!
- Keep it Simple: As far as the kitchen goes, it's just best to use tools that aren't doused with many complicated coatings or chemicals-if you can't pronounce it, it probably not good for you!
- Keep Materials Organic: When it comes to products that are prone to wear and tear, ensure you and your loved ones aren't exposed to materials that might chip or peel.
- Keep it Fresh: The best way to stay conscious of your body's health, as well as the health of your environment, is to cook something home-grown.
- Less Packaging, the Better: Limiting the number of heavily packaged or unrecyclable goods and foods in your home is a must, not only are most packages prone to chemicals, but most times they are non- biodegradable.
- WearEver Pure Living Cookware (Walmart/Walmart.com)- Eco-friendly non-toxic ceramic cookware
- IMUSA Bamboo Utensils (Target)-eco-friendly natural bamboo utensils
- Follow Allie LeFevere's blog: www.allielefevere.com