Our friends at Dunkin' Donuts stopped by to treat our entire studio audience with some of their new holiday taste treats and, of course, their signature coffee!
Plus, Jeff Miller, executive chef and VP of product innovation for all of Dunkin' Donuts, told us about the new flavors and showed us how to create a holiday wreath with donuts.
For Dunkin' Donuts locations and menu choices, visit:
6 Candy Cane Crunch Donuts
1 can green frosting
Spinkles, for garnish, optional
Red frosting for garnish, optional
1. Cut all donuts in half.
2. On a serving platter, shingle the donut halves in a circular shape to look like a wreath.
3. Using a piping bag, pipe icing into the center of the wreath to make a smaller ring inside the donut ring.
4. Garnish with sprinkles and red frosting bow if desired.
Peppermint Mocha Chocolate Strudel
1 Small Dunkin' Donuts Peppermint Mocha Latte
2 packages puff pastry
1 bag milk chocolate chips
1 egg, beaten
3 bags semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 candy canes, crushed to a coarse powder
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees
2. Thaw puff pastry until just pliable and then unfold.
3. Cut strips on either side of the puff pastry by making 2-inch long cuts, 1 inch apart.
4. Add milk chocolate chips to the middle of the puff pastry.
5. Crisscross the puff pastry strips on either side across the middle, creating a braided effect.
6. Arrange the braided puff pastry in a wreath shape and brush with eggs.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. When complete, cool and set aside.
8. In a microwave safe bowl, combine semi-sweet chocolate chips and Peppermint Mocha Latte.
9. Microwave in 30 second intervals until the mixture is smooth.
8. On a serving platter, place the strudel and pour desired amount of peppermint mocha ganache on top*.
9. Sprinkle crushed candy canes over the ganache and enjoy!
*With the remaining ganache, pour into mason jars and give as a fun holiday gift!
Holiday inspiration from Dunkin' Donuts
WINDY CITY LIVE
More TOP STORIES News