Also, Chef Katsuji will be hosting a tequila dinner on February 21 at Barrio in the private dining room. The dinner will consist of a three-course dinner where each dish is paired perfectly Clase Azul tequila. They will be selling a limited amount of tickets and they can be purchased on the website.
To find out more about Bar Siena, visit their website: http://www.barsiena.com
And visit Fabio's other restaurant, Siena Tavern: http://sienatavern.com
To find out more about Chef Fabio - visit his website: http://www.fabioviviani.com
To find out more about Barrio, visit their website: http://barriochicago.com
From the spreads the chefs brought - we focus on one item each. For Fabio - it's the wings and for Katsuji - it's the salsa!
Here are their recipes:
Fabio Viviani's Diavolo Chicken Wing Sauce
9 tablespoons Unsalted butter
6 tablespoons All purpose flour
4 tablespoons Fresh squeezed lemon juice
2.75 cups Chicken broth
1 cup Water
2 tablespoons Orange zest
1.5 teaspoon Kosher salt
0.25 teaspoon Garlic powder
0.5 teaspoon Black pepper
0.5 teaspoon Cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons Paprika
- In a sauce pot melt butter over medium heat. Once melted and begins to foam, slowly whisk in flour forming a blond roux.
- Once flour is incorporated, slowly whisk in fresh lemon juice and chicken broth.
- Next add water and all remaining seasonings. Bring to a simmer and continue simmering for about 8 - 10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Cool mixture slightly and place in a blender and puree smooth.
Katsuji Tanabe's Salsa
5 big Roma tomatoes
1 red onion
2 cloves garlic
2 guajillo peppers
1 árbol chile
1/4 cup Fish sauce
1/4 cup lime juice
2 bunches of cilantro
- Roast all the vegetables for 10 mins in the oven at 350-degrees.
- Then add the vegetables to the blender and blend at a low speed for 1 minute. Then add the fish sauce and lime.
- Then chop some of the fresh Cilantro into the salsa for extra crunch and add chunks of avocado.