Chicago's Department of Streets and Sanitation bans overnight parking - from 3 a.m. to 7 a.m.- on several of the city's main streets from December 1 to April 1. Cars parked on the 107 miles of restricted arterial streets will be towed regardless of weather.
"These regulations are designed to keep our most critical routes up and running at all times so that emergency vehicles, buses and other vehicles can get to where they need to go," Streets and Sanitation Commissioner Thomas G. Byrne said in a release.
The city will ticket drivers $50 and tow the cars-- which costs a $150 minimum and a $10 daily storage fee -- parked on streets that are part of the Winter Overnight Parking Ban.
Also, drivers should prepare for winter weather and take note of the city's 2 Inch Snow Ban, which includes 500 miles of arterial streets.
- Winter Overnight Parking Ban Streets | 3:00 am to 7:00 a.m.
- 103rd St. from Pulaski Rd to Torrence Ave
- 79th St. from Cicero Ave to South Shore Drive
- Cottage Grove Ave from 103rd St to Midway Plaisance
- Kedzie Ave from 87th. St to North Ave
- 106th St. from Torrence Ave to State Line Rd
- Torrence Ave from 103rd St to 106th St
- Midway Plaisance from Cottage Grove to Dorchester Ave
- Payne Dr from Midway Pl to Morgan Dr
- Dr. M L King Dr from Garfield Blvd to Cermak Rd
- Cermak Rd from Dr. M L King Dr to State St
- State St. from Cermak Rd to Congress Pkw
- Archer Ave from Harlem Av to State St
- Madison St. from Austin Bv to Des Plaines St
- Central Ave from Harrison St to Bryn Mawr Ave
- Division St. from Austin Bv to La Salle St
- Kedzie Ave from Bryn Mawr Ave to Irving Park Rd
- Milwaukee Ave from Lake St to Central Ave
- Foster Ave from Clark St to Kennedy Ex
- Clark St. from Devon Av to Howard St
- Cannon Dr (West side) from Fullerton Pkw to Diversey Pkw
- Devon Av from Clark St to Sheridan Rd
- Garfield Blvd from Morgan St. to Ellsworth Rd
- Kedzie from Moffat St. to Milwaukee Ave