Gas leak shortens last day of school

June 5, 2008 3:38:04 PM PDT
A gas leak shortened the last day of school for hundreds of students in northwest Indiana.It happened around 10:30 Thursday morning at Joan Martin Elementary in Hobart.

Authorities say a contractor ruptured a gas line near the school on East 10th Street.

School officials decided to evacuate 670 students from the building as a precaution. Firefighters also cleared out a nearby barbershop and craft store.

Parents were called to pick up the students. Everyone made it out safely.


Load Comments